GCSE Press Release
UVHS staff and students are delighted with the 2018 GCSE results.
Acting Headteacher Matthew Hardwick said, “I would personally like to congratulate all the students, staff and parents here at UVHS for their hard work over the last 5 years, culminating in today’s nervously-awaited results. As a school, we have seen some amazing individual grades as well as some exceptional performances from subject areas. As we all know, the new GCSE exam specifications have brought much more challenge and rigour to every area of the curriculum that our students are educated in - with now a total emphasis on final exams in the majority of subjects, the pressure on both students and parents throughout the country has been immense, but the UVHS community has most certainly risen to the challenge!”
Overall UVHS has seen improvement from last year in several areas:
- Over 18% of students achieved at least 1 grade 9 (the much harder A*+ in old terms);
- 53% of students achieved at least 1 grade 9-7 (the old A-A*) compared with 46% last year;
- Indeed, 14% of students achieved 8 or more grade 9-7 results compared with 13% last year
Our figures also show a fantastic performance from several subject areas:
- Science (both triple award and the now compulsory combined dual award) have recorded exceptional results across the entire cohort of Year 11s;
- German and Music GCSE results are outstanding with 100% of students achieving grades 9-5;
- Health And Social Care BTEC award achieved a 100% pass rate.