More in this Section
Cashless Catering was introduced at Ulverston Victoria High School in July 2016.
- Cashless means that cash is no longer be accepted at the tills in the canteen.
- Each student has their own school lunch account.
- Parents can pay money into a student’s account on-line using ParentPay or students can top up their accounts with cash at any of the three cash validation machines in school.
- The cost of food and drinks purchased is deducted from the lunch account at the canteen till.
- The system incorporates the latest biometric technology which means that the system will recognise the thumb or finger scan of your child at the cash validation machines located in school and at the tills in the canteen.
Parents are requested to:
- Set up and validate their ParentPay account
- Return the Biometric Consent Form
- Ensure there is a balance on the lunch account
Benefits of Cashless Catering:
- On-line payment facility
- Greater security through
- Biometric registration
- No need to carry cash
- Low balance alerts can be set up within ParentPay
- Free School Meal anonymity
- Allergy information can be programmed into the system
- Daily spending limits
- Better motoring of diet/daily spend through ParentPay