More in this Section
Head Girls PE
Head of Boys PE
Organisation of the subject:
Students have 2 x 50 minute lessons per week.
Key Concepts (The big ideas underpinning the subject)
- Outwitting an opponent; using a range of tactics and strategies to outwit opponents, through individual and team games
- Developing skills and improving performance
- Analysing performances—of both their own and others performances
- Informed choices about healthy and active lifestyles
What will you child be learning?
- Rugby Leauge and Rugby Union
- Health Related Fitness
- Cross Country
Key 'Learning Capacities' in this subject
- Developing physical and mental capacity, through sporting activities and language for learning
- Making and applying decisions -strategic and tactical decisions, with skill execution. They also have the opportunity to coach and choreograph
- Healthy and active lifestyles
How will your child be learning?
- Pair and group work
- Investigation and exploration
- Whole class discussions
- Individual teacher and student discussions
How will learning be assessed?
- Question and answers
- Formative assessment
- Summative assessment
- Peer assessment
What can you do to support your child?
- Engage conversations
- Encourage participation
- Ensure they have their full PE kit and correct equipment
- Encourage joining an outside of school club
Equipment needed for this subject
- PE uniform