BIRMINGHAM UNI SUMMER SCHOOL
The National Access Summer School (NASS) is a four day residential for Year 12 students.
Students who successfully complete the National Access Summer School and apply to the University of Birmingham will receive special consideration from admissions tutors. If their application is successful, they will receive two offers from the University of Birmingham, the standard offer and an alternative offer. The alternative offer is typically a reduction of up to two A level grades (e.g. BBB rather than AAB). For Medicine, the alternative offer is a reduction of up to three A level grades (e.g. ABB instead of A*AA).
Students who are successful in gaining a place on the National Access Summer School will benefit from the following:
- Taster lectures from a range of academic disciplines
- First-hand experience of living in university accomodation and socialising with like-minded students
- Will benefit from impartial advice and guidance regarding their higher education decision-making
- Support with their university applications
- Support from current undergraduates via e-mentoring in Year 13